September 28th, Friday – To Go or To Stay, We Have to Go

Well, tomorrow is moving day.  But should we?  Should we instead stay and continue to go for chiropractic treatment next week?  Well, the decision was made for us.  There is no room in the inn.  This is one popular place and it is booked solid through the month of October.  So go we will.  Not going to be easy trip since I can’t really sit for an extended period of time.  It is what it is.  We’ll just have to make the best of it and make frequent stops to stretch and rest and ice my back.

Last night I honestly thought we were going to need an ark to get us through the evening.  Torrential rain for hours and the creeks and drainage ditch were flooded.  Our site is also at the bottom of the campground so everything funnels down the road and under our rig to the creek behind us.  Poor Marti had to go out one time and when I opened the door there was no place for him to go.  We had a river running around and beneath us that was over the foot of the jack pads.  They kept telling us not to sweat it this was normal and happened several times each year.  Yea, that really made me feel comfortable.  But they were right.  In time the rains ceased, the water went down, and just like that everything dried up.  Interesting.

Ok, not much more to tell at this time.  Off to pack up and get ready for tomorrow’s trip.  Hope everyone had a good day.  We’re still enjoying The Road of Retirement but moving a bit slower down it right now due to physical issues.  This too I know shall pass.  I just wish it would pass a lot quicker than it is.

As always,  if you are coming to the end of your day with concerns and worries, let me suggest that you turn them over to God.  After all, He is going to be up all night so why not let him handle them for you.

Time now for our evening prayers and eventually some shut-eye.  Till tomorrow.

These are the voyages of  Graybeard and it’s occupants, four paws and two humans.  Our continuing mission: to explore as many new states as possible, to seek out new acquaintances and make new friends, to boldly go where we have not been before


One thought on “September 28th, Friday – To Go or To Stay, We Have to Go

  1. Patience is a virtue. Isn’t that what they say? You have your life ahead of you, so be patient and hopefully you’ll heal and get on with your travels. Continued prayers coming your way for you both.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s